one of my resolutions was to read at least 10 books that have been sitting on my shelves for a while because i wanted to curb my habit of always wanting to buy new books when there are still plenty of unread ones at home.
we’re on our way to half time for 2011 and i haven’t got myself started on the resolution because i have been reading newly purchased books instead. took some time to write down my book list for the remaining half of 2011 – looks like the next 7 months will see me doing some pretty serious reading.
- the wizard of oz, l frank baum
- confessions, st augustine
- the thoughtful dress, linda grant
- freedom from fear, aung san suu kyi
- enjoying where you are on the way to where you are going, joyce meyer
- creating true peace, thich nhat hann
- the bluest eye, toni morrison
- 20 something, 20 everything, christine hassler
- secrets in the dark, frederick buechner
- changing my mind, zadie smith